Best Earplugs For Music Festivals
In A Hurry?
If you do not have time to read the entire article, below are the recommendations made in the article below.
|Mpow Foam Earplugs 60 Pairs with Aluminum Carry Case, 34dB...||1,044 Reviews||Check Price|
|Earasers Musicians Plugs Medium||501 Reviews||Check Price|
|dBud - High-Fidelity Ear Plugs with Adjustable Volume. -24...||13 Reviews||Check Price|
Best Earplugs For Music Festivals
As a huge fan of live music, I have been to hundreds of music festivals and live concerts over the years. I am over 50 years of age now, and the music volume has really taken a toll on my hearing. I have terrible tinnitus, I am always turning the volume up on things, and cannot hear conversations in loud rooms.
It does not have to be that way, and if I had protected my hearing when I was younger, as I do now then I would probably not be experiencing these problems. My hearing is hopefully not going to get worse now that I wear earplugs to music festivals and concerts.
Festival ear plugs are relatively inexpensive, and they should last you many years.
As you are reading this article, I can assume that you are an avid music festival goer, and the main appeal of these musical events is listening to great live sounds, usually so loudly, that you can feel the bass reverberating inside your chest! It is a great feeling to be socializing
with your friends, having a beer or whatever, and being immersed in that loud music!
But loud noises do have some downsides, and the main one of these is that it damages your hearing.
Normal conversation is usually about 40-50 decibels (dB) in volume. When the sound reaches 85dB in your work, then your employer should be providing you with some form of ear protection. When you are at a live music festival, the sound is ordinarily 100-110dB, and can go as high as 130dB if you are right in front of the speakers.
At 100dB, it is recommended that you are exposed to the sound for only 15 minutes without ear protection. At 110dB, the recommended maximum exposure is under 2 minutes. So you can see that getting the best festival earplugs is a must
I am sure that we have all been to festivals, or concert where the music has been too loud and left with our hearing effected. Muffled hearing, or Ringing in the ears is the most common side effects. This usually subsides after a few hours or in the worse cases, a day, then we forget about it.
The ringing is tinnitus, and believe me, if you keep exposing your ears to loud noises without protection. Eventually the ringing is going to stay with you forever. I have had ringing in my ears 24 hours a day for years now!
Will Wearing Ear plugs at a Festival ruin the music?
Nobody is going to go to a festival to see their favorite band, if they have to wear earplugs that muffle the sound so that it does not sound great. But you need to buy the right sort of ear plugs. The most common types of ear protection are the foam plugs, moldable ear plugs, and ear muffs
These are the types that you have probably worn before at some stage. As you perhaps realize from using them, they are a terrible choice for a music festival. They are great for reducing the sound, but their whole purpose is for them to block out as much of the music as possible.
They may be a good choice if you are working at the festival, and are not too bothered about hearing the music, maybe as a security guard or something similar.
This type of plug may also be the right choice if you are on a very tight budget, and want to give your ears a rest from time to time when you are at a festival.
Music Festival Tips: WEAR EARPLUGS!!!
Best Earplugs For EDM Concerts
Best Earplugs For Festivals
So you are looking for some festival ear plugs, as you want to protect your hearing, but at the same time, you want to enjoy the music. You really want a plug that
- Delivers clear perfect sounds at a safe level
- Comfortable – can wear them all-day
- Discreet – Want them to be as unnoticeable as possible
I have spent a lot of time researching and using ear plugs over the years, and ear plugs that match all of these criteria do exist. They are known as High Fidelity Hearing Protection, and bands/companies such as Metallica, RedBull, and Lollapalooza all use this type of plug.
These plugs reduce the volume of the deafening sounds, without losing any of the crisp notes that many of the other types of ear plug will. You should be looking for the following qualities in a good festival high fidelity ear plug, so that you can enjoy your favorite music, without
needing to worry about damaging your ears:
- Keep the volume to a safe level and still hear when others are talking to you
- Music and voices should be crystal clear
- Available in multiple sizes, a full-grown man’s ear needs a bigger plug than a woman or child
- Discreet so that it is invisible to other festival-goers
- Made of hypoallergic material like silicone, so that they can be worn for a long time
- Have a case to keep them clean, sterile and protected when not being used
Once you get used to wearing the plugs – they will feel a bit weird the first few times you try them – you will love them. But the thing to remember is that you MUST USE THEM. Keeping them in your pocket is of no
It may be worth wearing them at home, or in private when you first get them. You can get used to the sensation of something being in your ears, and inserting them / removing them in private.
I have been to many music festivals and concerts, over many decades, and I wish that I had started to use earplugs from the start. As I mentioned, I have a lot of hearing problems. I was even offered a hearing aid from the doctor in England, which I turned down out of vanity.
If I had worn ear protection in younger life, I am sure that my hearing would be a lot better now!
Take my advice a buy a set of Hi-Fidelity earplugs now. You then have them for the next noisy festival or any loud event. They are relatively inexpensive, and they are tiny. They can easily fit into any bag or you can even carry them around in your pocket.
Top Festival Ear Plug – Earasers High Fidelity Musician’s Ear Plugs
When going to a music festival, or any noisy festival, you cannot go wrong if you take Earaser ear plugs. These are reusable and will last you many years. There is a carrying case included keeping them safe and clean when not in use.
Given the price, these are the best festival ear plugs you can get. At around $30, these work out cheaper than disposable plugs after some time, and are of course, much better for the environment. They are also discreet so not too noticeable
These plugs have an NNR (Noise Reduction Rating) of 19. This means that the noise that you hear is reduced by 19 decibels. The ear plugs have a filter that is not found in the competitor’s plugs that stop the very high-end and low-end frequencies from being lost.
They have a smart seal technology that means these plugs can conform to the canal of the person wearing them, for a great fit, and increased noise reduction.
As different sized people need different sized plugs, they come in three different sizes:
- Small – 0.75cm wide. Ideal for women and younger people
- Medium – 1.00cm wide. For adult males and people with a standard ear size
- Larger – 1.25cm wide. For large males
People Also Ask
How can I check my hearing?
If you think that you have any hearing problems, then the only way to get a hearing test is to go to see a medical practitioner. You cannot test your own hearing correctly.
Should you just be interested in getting a rough idea of how good your hearing is for your gender/age etc., then there are several online tests that can be used to check your hearing
I did very badly in these tests!
Conclusion – Best Earplugs For Music Festivals
There are no downsides to having earplugs when you go to a music festival. Do not be young a naive, yes you have excellent hearing now, but look around at people in their fifties and sixties, and see how many of them have hearing problems.
Get some good ear plugs now, they may save your hearing in later life, and for such a small investment, it has got to be worth it!
- Hearing Protector and Noise Blocker: made from premium PU material, Mow foam ear plugs are with a high noise reduction rating (NRR) of 32dB/SNR 34dB. Effectively protect hearing in loud events or set up quiet environment for sleep.
- Hygienic and Portable: with a little pretty aluminum case for carry, it keeps the noise cancelling ear plugs clean and away from damages.
- Gentle and Tender: upgraded super soft foam material makes you easy to set the earplug, gently fill the ear canal. Ultra-soft and Low-Pressure, cause no pain to the ear canal.
- Economical and Affordable: 60 pairs of soft foam ear plugs for use. You are advised to change a pair of earplugs regularly.
- Earplugs Care: hygiene is very important, so please replace foam earplugs regularly. Only clean earplugs can prevent problems. In particular, one-time/disposable earplugs should not be used for a long time.
- Musicians Plugs Medium
- Whether you are a musician, attend concerts or are regularly exposed to music played at high levels, Earasers don't plug up your ears and muffle sound like more conventional earplugs
- Manufactured by a 45+ year hearing aid company, and developed by their lead engineer - a musician for over 20 years - Earasers filter out loud noise while still allowing you to hear at a safe, comfortable level
- Musicians have to be able to focus on the different layers of instrumentation
- Earasers utilize a unique attenuation "V filter" to provide an overall 5dB EPA rating of protection
- EARPLUGS WITH TWO VOLUME SETTINGS With a simple slide of a button, choose the level of noise reduction: -11 dB or -24 dB.
- AWARD-WINNING ACOUSTIC FILTER Turn down the volume, without trashing the sound quality. dBud's Closed Setting has a very flat attenuation across the entire frequency spectrum. The Open Setting tones down background noise more than the typical frequencies of voices, so that you stay protected in noisy spaces, but still hear and talk to people.
- ZERO ELECTRONICS dBud contains only mechanical tech. No batteries, no charging. Always on.
- GOES WHERE YOU GO With the built-in magnets and the attachable leash, you can wear them around your neck, always in reach. Or you can keep them in the soft, pocket-sized case.
- PROVEN PROTECTION dBud carries both the EPA and CE marking, tested and verified according to: * US standard ANSI S3.19-1974 - by NVAP LAB no. 100427-0. * European standard EN 352-2:2002 - by Notified Body no. 1437.